Saturday, December 10, 2011

12 degrees outside? Range time!

Decided it was time to play in the snow. Okay, the 1 inch of snow. Ran the M&Pxs in the cold. Sure, it's not -10, but what the heck. Think I had one fail to feed anything with the M&P9, with the nasty Remington 250 count special box. Tap rack bang, so might be time to clean some mags. Or my gloved hand touched the slide release. It just turned 1k today, with 1 cleaning at 250 and minor wipedowns/patches through the bore being the extent of the maintenance it has received. The 357 with the 40 barrel fired its carry ammo that sat in the truck all week. And some of the Fed elcheapo 100 rounders. Nothing to write home about there; no mess ups.

My M&P40c rang the 15 yard large target with every carry round in the magazine. And the next mag of el cheapo hit too. I wonder if the fact that I had been IWB carrying it right up until I shot it made the difference there? The other guns were cold, often cold enough to need gloves on when loading the mags. Thank you thick callouses.

Once I or the guns warmed up, I tried transitions between targets, didn't do perfect, but nothing to be totally ashamed by. By my poor standards, anyway. And I bought something that may help with my shooting. That will be for another post.

No comments: