Thursday, June 27, 2013

I wanted to like this

The Redfield Counterstrike. Played with one at the gunstore. Nearly the same price as a Vortex Strikefire, one piece base/unit set up for an AR. Red/green dot, sure. CR123 battery- okay, my lights use those, have a big old box of them. Integrated laser- WTF? Your hand will block the beam! Not to mention a backup sight or a front sight post. If I ever wanted to use it for hunting, I'd be screwed- no lasers on hunting weapons in Iowa. (global warming or poaching or FUDD! or all three) Push button controls- up in the air if I like them or not. The Strikefire seemed too small, the Redfield seemed merely okay. Battery might be a bitch to change mounted with a rear BUIS. Of course, why have one if you can't run a front sight?

I know, buy an Aimpoint PRO and get it over with.

No comments: