Monday, May 6, 2013

Anecdote

A friend of my wife noted on Facebook that a local theater had a Deputy Sheriff frisking (maybe? see below) people and inspecting bags for weapons. A weapon permit holder was allowed to return his gun to his car to be stolen. My wife noted: "I would have asked for a refund, obviously that place isn't safe. Even if I had no weapon on me."

Last time I checked, it was a Carmike theater.

She did not ask if they posted guards on each of the fire exits.

I'm not sure what the going rate for private security is, but I'm guessing it is more per hour than most of the rest of the minimum wage monkeys make for selling popcorn.

Update:
The deputy told the permit holder to leave it in his car. Which, in this state, a private property holder is within its rights to ask. No clue if they have signs posted. Iowa law is that you can be charged with trespassing if you do not leave after asked to. Also, everyone was searched, except children.

No comments: