Sunday, May 26, 2013

Well, that went better

The 300 BLK brass I made today fit in the chamber and went bang. Always a bonus. Now I'm running up against the not enough .308 bullets wall.

Also got to fix a case over bolt malfunction. I made this batch a little shorter, and the aluminum mag hated them. Couldn't load over 20 rounds, and the last two decided to leave the mag at the same time. I pulled the buffer tube out, cleared it. Worked fine for the next PMag. Another PMag was fully loaded, no problems. Locked back properly, 3 o'clock ejection. 17.5 grains of H110, 125 Speer TNT, Rem 6 1/2 primers. 2.06 or so OAL. 2.09 has run fine in the past; this was also a new mag. And I was using it as a rest. It was raining, and I decided to just shoot at an existing target. So no pictures.

No comments: