Wednesday, November 16, 2011

And here I thought it was just me...

A sharpshooting pistolero I am not. I'm working on it, takes time and money, etc. But I did notice I could not hit the broad side of a steel target with my M&P9 on the steel beyond 15 yards. Did alright with the 40 and the elcheapo 1911 (leftward push notwithstanding) and shot just fine at all distances with sumdoods tricked out 1911...... 

So, I'm watching Shooting USA tonight. The protip segment on sighting in a pistol interested me greatly. Is this the early unlocking issue in action? At 10 and 15 yards, great groups from the bench. At 25 and beyond- LOL. I'm willing to bet Julie Golob is a pistolero who does shoot straight. My 15 yard groups from a bench look just like hers. And I have yet to put on paper further downrange, as I have been running it for reliability so far- no problems there. 800 rounds and counting. So it may just be me sucking with my M&P9, but less so with the M&P357/40.

And those Performance Center 627s look like fun. Must not watch again....

No comments: