Wednesday, November 9, 2011

So I ate lunch with a radio talk show host...

My wife is one of those radio contest junkies. She wins. WHO Radio has a contest to win a lunch with Simon Conway. They do it once a week. He is the drive time host, and often speaks at TEA Party events and other political activities. As you can guess, he tends to lean right. As do I. Anyway, she won and we ate lunch today at Splash. Great restaurant. I've never had a bigger piece of Key Lime pie without actually eating a whole pie.

I stayed almost apolitical in my conversation, which is weird for me. Well, maybe not that weird. I tend to STFU when I am nervous or trying to make a good impression, which usually makes the impression that I have nothing to discuss. When 95% of what the man says you agree with, about all you can do is nod your head yes and enjoy the great food. Plus my wife can talk to anyone about anything. Period. Hell, she can manage to talk to me. Not an easy feat.

No comments: