Sunday, November 13, 2011

Range time with the spouse.


My wife went to the range with me today. Her first time in 9 years. This was her first shot. S&W 22A 7".
 Here is the upper target of the two. As I was shooting beside her, I had not noticed she was using the incorrect sight picture. She was aiming at the lower target for most of these.

We slapped on a stick on target,, drew her a better sight diagram and she settled down to this. She fired around 250 total rounds. And she blew through them very fast, so I can't fault her shooting too much. Only one FT Fire the whole time using Federal ammo. As opposed to Remington's failure drill practice rounds.
My slow fire target. There is some .357 Sig Ranger on this one, and some 9mm el sucko (independence) too. The upper is in tatters, 200 assorted 9, 40, 357 will do that. Asked the rangemaster; the .357 SIG is not allowed on steel. They tested them and it is the only non magnum that always blew through a car door.......So at $20 a steel target, glad I asked. My wife said the .357 sounded the loudest of all the rounds (excluding the AR). All targets at 15 yards.

My wife did not care for the LCP or the 40S&W. The 9mm may grow on her. Hopefully it doesn't take her 9 more years to shoot again.

We also noticed that the range is next to a cemetery. The leaves are gone this time of year and  now you can see it. At least we know where the zombies come from for the zombie shoots!

No comments: