Sunday, November 6, 2011

Fun Show Find

Picked up a used M&P at the local fun show. Night sights, 3 mags, and funny markings on the slide.
But wait, there was more in the box. Pictured installed below with my 40c and 9mm plastic bullet hoses......


A shiny new .40 barrel, unfired! The dealer had two, his story was they were demos of some kind. 2 mags have been used, the other was undropped. The SKU 609702 does not show up on the S&W website.

Have no 357SIG - the prices at the show and in stock locally are LOL funny even for FMJ. 762Sass.com is ordering me 2 boxes of RA357sigT (that I get to pay for, go away FTC. Plus they don't sell the ammo online as far as I can tell). Have I mentioned that I love living 6 miles from a guy who has competitive prices.

Looks like Speer GoldDot in .357sig is the way to go from online research, and the prices locally are within the shipping/tax window for me if I really want to use it as a .357sig.

Ran about 150 .40 through it today including a mix of 30 Ranger subsonic/20 RA40T. Had fun running 300 through my M&P9, compared the RA9124TA (+P) to the RA40T in the same size gun. Honestly, between those 2, the recoil and muzzle flip felt very similar to me. Kinda like the 17+1 in that case.


The M&P357 is early '10 production. I notice several differences. The front locking block has longer rail surfaces than the 9 or 40c


 The extractor pin is solid vs a double roll pin.

 The bottom of the slide is machined differently after the striker. Don't know if that is 9/40 specific, but the 40c looks like the 9. The green spring is .357sig specific apparently.
My plan is to turn the 357 frame into an Apex parts storage device. If I like it, the other full size may get made over as well.

No comments: