Sunday, April 15, 2012

BAG day

Bought enough random parts that I'm only a barrel and charging handle away from another AR upper. And moar 6.8 ammo. Almost bought another lower. I hate to sound like a mall ninja snob, but I wanted a different brand of lower than what was available at the show. No sights yet, almost picked up an Aimpoint 4 MOA comp CL with a base. And there was a Stag 6.8 that won the award (in my head) for the most affordable AR at $725. Too bad I already bought a 6.8 upper.



Added:
Drop it, mouse! This thing don't just shoot poodles.

This is a mockup with the no name handguard I bought- sorta looks like a copy of Midwest Industries T series. My DPMS wrench works fine on it. The flash hinder is just spun on- for that matter so is the handguard. I still haven't decided on scope vs red dot, so the elcheapo scope setup is on place holder duty. Leaning heavily to the Aimpoint or EO-Tech side, with backup irons. I also just realized- tearing down the old 6.8 setup and putting this back together counts (in my head, again) as building my own AR from the ground up. Of course, everything still needs tightened down.....

No comments: