Monday, April 30, 2012

Project parts AR should move to a new stage

All my goodies will or should arrive this week. The new stage will be....assembly. I even have a receiver block set coming to do it right. I'd say I'm doing an el-cheapo build, but I did spring for a chrome-lined barrel-DPMS, so el-cheapo still applies. At least the specs in the DPMS catalog say it's chrome lined 4150. 11.5 w/pinned flash hider- yes, I'm weird. It went out of stock after I bought it- hopefully I don't get an email saying I don't get it. Saved at Midway using codes found on AR15.com. Might have shopped elsewhere if they didn't have them....hint, hint Midway.....

I'm getting an Aero Precision lower in my first internet transfer. I could have saved a little on the lower if I hadn't been in a mall ninja mood at the last gun show, but I thought I had a Spikes lower found. Live and learn. Between taxes/ transfer fee it works out closely. And I paid a little more for some parts locally (charging handle and LPK) but I like my LGS and give them as much business as possible. Just need a rear BUIS, but the carry handle will swap over from the other just fine. It isn't like I can shoot them both at the same time, after all, I'm not a lead farmer.... The locals have sights, I'll just get one there when I get the lower.

No comments: