Friday, December 2, 2011

So I'm hanging out at the gun counter...

Stopped at Sportsman's Warehouse to, well, waste time on a family free Friday. They still had one Black Friday Umarex Colt Rail Gun. Me really likey, but not in the cards this year. While I'm drooling over it (yeah, I'm weird) I got to listen to some interesting conversations......

Counter guy answers phone. "Yeah, we have a 12 gauge with with scope for under $300(?)." Pause. "Well, we are low on slugs, opener is tomorrow. And you will need to sight it in.......Really..." Click.
To me and the couple next to me- "He wanted to go deer hunting for the first time in his life tomorrow, wanted a gun with a scope, and was going to sight in in tonight (7 pm)!"
Cop (dispatcher, I think) standing next to me- "What range is he shooting at; I'd like to go there."
Me- "The no passing zone by my house all the other tools shoot at...."

I'm still fingering the Umarex, Cop's hubby (CH) wanders off to find ammo for the Judge she is buying. You know where this is going. Comes back once to ask, "What does ACP mean?" Gets the answer, comes back with a box of .45 Auto. Counter guy doesn't say squat. I wait, make jokes about the deer hunter guy, finally.....

Me- "So, is that box of ammo for the Judge?"

CH-"Yeah, that other stuff was ACP so it wouldn't work."

Me- "Umm, you need .45 Long Colt."

CH, to counter guy, not trusting me, "Does this take .45 LC?"

Counter guy, finally looking at his box of ammo, "Oh, yeah, you need the .45 LC we keep (hide) over there."

CH- "Boy, that stuff is expensive."

Me- "!"
My true reaction- buy the LCR, Bodyguard, or SP101 they have on sale then. Quit telling your wife it will be easy, you don't have to aim, all the stupid cliches all rolled into one. Wow, I only thought those were ghost stories people told on the internet.

What the heck, I only chip in when I like a gun. No need get someone pissy over pistol choices. Or worse, screw up a sale and get chased away from the gun counter. I'm to the point a couple of the guys (and one girl) just start handing me the new, cool stuff as soon as they see me.....

No comments: