Thursday, January 26, 2012

CMMG AR15 Kit

Picked up a CMMG Kit 10237 today at Rhine Group in Ankeny. I've been waffling between a M&P 15/22 and a conversion upper. The kit included 3 mags, and I already have 2 Black Dog mags laying around. So I headed home, shaved the mag tabs to fit my AR-15's magwell, and headed right up to the range. For the first few mags it had some misfeeds- one required pulling the kit to clear. After that, it settled down and worked fine. Only one stovepipe. I ran whatever was left in a brick of Rem Golden Bullets that don't work in anything else- fine enough in this. And some Federal 38 grain stuff that, in the range officer's opinion worked good with nothing. Around 5 misfires- one was crushed and should have fired, the rest fired on the second try.









I'm guessing around 400 rounds today. Next time it will be more. Didn't shoot paper, but it was hitting the dueling tree targets just fine, and would tag just about anything I cared to aim at.

Overall, I'm happy with the kit. Run it some more next time. Should pay for itself very quickly. And I paid for it with my own cashy money and get nothing cool in return for talking about it.

No comments: