Saturday, January 14, 2012

Got to shoot something different today.

   First off, new M&P9c, 330 rounds- 250 plinking ammo, 50 Rem cheap hollowpoints, 30 +P Winchester 124 grain, all worked fine. Did not even shoot paper with it first. There was 1" of fresh snow on the ground- I could easily see when I missed. Reactive targets are nice, but fully reactive ranges are awesome! Hit the 50 yard targets a few times, went in and asked about the sizes. 20"x16" and 18" round. They told me the real challenge was the 9"x12"s at 40. Those I was hitting just fine. Bowling pins at 15 were fun, but they didn't break apart like the 40 action last week.
 Tried not quite a mag dump with the +P stuff. I've shot the 40c better with carry ammo.

The range staff were working on one of these:
Apparently they had been impressed enough with my meager gun handling skills, because they let me shoot a few rounds with it. With no sights, I walked it down to the target. It had major feed issues, don't know if I'd care to own that one. But a pistol caliber carbine would be fun- the Olympic .45 AR's at the show were $600 but the mags are spendy. Guess you pay to play. Plus they make a 10mm. Just thinking on electrons here.....for now.

ETA- 14*F out there today. And I just shaved....my beard and head. Brilliant.....

No comments: