Saturday, January 7, 2012

Less cold range time

Today the shooting range was much warmer than last time. 25 degrees! I seem to have developed a new tic when shooting the M&P's- touching the slide lock so the last round does not stay open. It happens right after I shoot a 1911. Yes, thumb high is what I'm doing, but wrong. I need more dry fire time holding it correctly. Another interesting thing popped up as well. If I think the words, "focus on the front sight, jackass" after a miss, I usually hit the steel plate I previously missed. This was working on the 50 yard plate with the M&P9. Heck, that gun has gotten to where if I do my part, rarely do I miss a plate. Even when going from plate to plate. I hope I wasn't chanting "front sight" out loud, but a couple of times I hit the 15, 25, 40, 35 then 50 yard plates in succession and even surprised myself.

About 400 rounds today. 150 through the 9, 160 spread between 2 40's, mostly the M&P40c, and 90 through the 2 1911's. May be time to lose one 1911 for something that starts with a "G". Or a 22LR of some type.

No comments: