Thursday, April 12, 2012

Now I remember why I didn't like Mike Wallace

I remember having to watch this in high school, video's 6 and 7 specifically. Referenced from Uncle Jimbo at Blackfive. Short version- Wallace would have watched Americans get slaughtered in an ambush, and help hold the camera for his journalistic thrills integrity rather than attempt to warn the Americans. Then, being too dumb to even realize Peter Jennings is Canadian, he bullies Jennings into changing his mind. The best is when the Marine Colonel steps to the mic and says, to paraphrase, as a Marine I would still advance under enemy fire to rescue the journalists bleeding asses if they were shot in an ambush, because of my integrity as a Marine.

So if poor little piss baby Wallace got some "big" stories spiked, I could care less. Again, my contempt for the MSM started early in my life.

2 comments:

Matt said...

I was never enthused by anything he or "60 minutes" did.

JD Rush said...

"But he broke all these great stories" And in his personal opinion, all you were was a story to be exploited. Not a human being. That was incidental.