Thursday, June 21, 2012

Back at the range again

It was not as windy tonight. I'd loaded up some new Hornaday 120 grain SST. (no green tips, safe to use on non-zombies) The first picture is how I did with them. I think it was 26.8 grains of H322, CCI 450s, Barrett brass. All loads 2.295 OAL.



I'm really liking the 90 grain TNT's- These were loaded fairly hot with 30.7 Re10x. I think the center group was 110 grain Hornady, 26.4 grains Re10x, and the top left group is the Nosler Accubond- also 26.4 grains. My barrel does not care for these, apparently. I have targets from Saturday somewhere that back this feeling up. I'll play with loads and see what happens. At twice the price, I'll stick with the 90 grain TNTs. The top right (ish) is 60 grain .223 Nosler Varmit wackers (PN 34992, good down to 1600 fps) with 25 or so grains of Win748. Iron sights from my 11.5- that's why I like the lower effective speed range. Still haven't adjusted the sights after the scope test last time- looks like it shifted right a little.


Seems that when I do my part, and the wind isn't trying to pull the targets down, I don't do too bad. Also, the wind groups all looked like the Nosler group, so even in the wind it would still kill a critter. (coyote, hog, deer) Now I just want to see what the next group looks like without cleaning the bore.

No comments: