Thursday, June 14, 2012

Crappy range time

Mumble mumble barn door closed mumble mumble still miss the barn....

The 6.8 and I weren't seeing eye to eye tonight. (3" groups at best) I'm unsure if it was the wind or what, but I could barely get any kind of group with Nosler 110 grain Accubonds, nor with factory Hornaday V-Max 110 grain. I'm going to double check the scope mounts. Or the loose nut behind the trigger.

Speaking of scopes, I slapped the old setup  (1.75-4 power Bushnell) on the 11.5 for the hell of it and fed it a mix of 55 grain xm193 and a Hornaday 53 grain HP handload. I managed a decent group at 100, (not MOA but 2" across and 4" high for the 15 handloads)

Ok, so there are some fliers.
 I had torn it all down after it was on the 6.8. Puttting it back together, on the 11.5, it was only 4-5" low and 2 clicks right.

Added:
I noticed that the 11.5's trigger seems smoother than the tactical 2 stage tonight-or I was just disgusted with the 6.8 and everything to do with it. That, or I just really like the 11.5. It really has grown on me. It is supposed to be all wrong (an SBR that isn't because it is pinned @16" w/flashhider, thanks NFA) with the Rock River Fugly carry handle, and it is one that I built (in a cave! With scraps!) from lowest bidder parts, but I can't get over how much fun it is.

No comments: