Thursday, June 7, 2012

Yay, finishing a post from yesterday

This target was making me nervous. From 100 yards, it looked like I was missing. Turned out I was antsy over nothing. Factory Hornaday 110 grain V-Max. The reloads for the Mosin were nothing to blog about. All over the target. They did settle down some as I shot it. Hope I didn't screw up on bullet selection. I'll try a different powder charge. The 223 made with win 748 powder was smoky; that may have been the ATF/Mobil One mix. It ran the 11.5 just fine, no magnum primers needed. 
4 clicks left aught to do it

This was the first target after I removed the stuck bullet and gave the barrel decent cleaning (ok, I ran a brush through it, then some patches until they came out clean) Not bad for having to go down and set up the target holder frame, then realize I forgot my targets, run back because other guys were waiting, run back, set them up, and jog back. Felt like a douche during the second trip.

Tuesday I screwed up by staying up too late (12:30 am) trying to beat a lap time in a Forza 4 Rivals Challege. (with a full on Bandit '77 Trans Am) I did, and paid for it Wednesday. 5 AM came too early. I was pulling stupid stuff like the double target holder trip all day.


No comments: