Monday, June 4, 2012

Guns and Kids (and their parents)

 After yesterdays little screw up at the reloading bench, shooting corrosive Comblock ammo, and running a 22 LR CMMG kit with lead ammo, I was kinda stuck. I had 4 guns to clean (one to fix) and no desire to stink up my house with bore cleaner. I also have a 4 year old who likes to play with nosy neighbor kids. I decided, screw it, cleaning guns outside is my choice, let's find out how the neighbors roll with it..... my contribution to O/C weekend, as it were.

 So I cleared out the garage, put all the ammo in the house, and before I had even setup my table in the garage, the neighbor kids were begging my son to come out and play. Exactly like I thought would happen. I know their father hunts (hell, he has a deer skull bleaching in the sun as I write this) and the kids seemed more annoyed that they couldn't play (help) in the garage. I discussed it with their father later in the day, he was cool with it. I think the kids actually help with the animals on the hippy farm they coop at.

 Nothing was said by my other (childless) neighbors either- I even had the Mosin-Nagant stock sitting on my truck bed cover to help remove more cosmoline for an hour or so. (holy crap, it's still everywhere) I'm pretty sure they have seen me open carry before, or caught a flash of M&P while I'm getting stuff out of my truck.

 Only one other neighbor kid (6 ish) was over today- he actually talked to me for several minutes while I was abusing cleaning the leaded bore and did not ask one thing about what I was doing. His parents- I have no idea how they would react. Guess I will find out soon enough.

No comments: