Sunday, August 5, 2012

Scofflaws in Chicago

I was one. I will admit to blowing past a toll booth on I-94. Dumbasses labeled it as an exit, so I blew past it. Turned out it was an exit AND toll booth. Might want to relabel that one. While reading the pay online info, I read more of the bullshit reasoning behind why I-94 is still a tollway. Apparently, once the bonds were paid off, it was intended to become a normal highway. The site claims that local gas taxes would have to go up by ~$0.12 locally to cover the highway operating costs of the tollway. Blink. Blink. Gas was $3.54 on the Oasis before the city, but $3.99 and above in Cook county. I think they are already sheering the sheep, they just can't fleece the smart ones with all the gas taxes that high locally. I made sure to not need gas in Chicago.

1 comment:

3boxesofbs.com said...

that looks like a hoot.

I'll have to be sure to see that one.

Thanks.