Sunday, August 26, 2012

Okay, maybe I am taking it too easy.

These are pictures of past and recent range outings. The upper pic is at 15 yards and farther. With a striker fired M&P, in 9mm and 40 S&W. Neither have the moronic 12 lb NY trigger. No, I wasn't being shot at at either time. The lower is from my last range trip.

I've thought about the NYC shooting a little more. The dipshit with the .45 was closer than the steel, about at the range I shot the silhouette. And he moved about as much as the silhouette did by watching the video. The high shots on that target are the result of me moving my point of aim up- a 6'5" shooter aiming down causes ricochets off the ground when aiming down to center of mass, so I aimed between the 7 and 8 for 1/2 the shots. My guess in 151 rounds fired at the green target, and 250+ at the steel that trip. With all my poor shooting skills, the silhouette sure looks shot to hell in all the right places. The one miss would have been through the heart or lungs had I been aiming center of mass. Some of the video I posted shows the speed I was shooting, too. Mag dump speed. (with a poorly executed New York Reload included) After a (pistol) layoff of 2 months. (Gawd I love not having people whine because I'm shooting too fast- needed skill, folks)

So, I, as an average CCW holder, could or could not do better than the average NYPD? I don't shoot in matches, and have in the past year fired around 2500 pistol rounds, give or take. Well, maybe I'm not exactly the average CCW holder. I know I'm on the low end for (half ass, on my part) gun bloggers.





No comments: