Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sunday gun pr0n

Found a gun today, a 1926 Mosin Nagant 91/30. Stopped by Jax in Ames after some Hickory Park and bowling/games* at Perfect Games. BS'ed with the counter guys for a while, grabbed some supplies, and was heading out when I saw a Mosin. The instant I saw it was a hex, I bought it. Just because. Sorry about the crappy pics, I didn't have a camera handy.
1926 Izhevsk Arsenal markings

Everything but clips.

No rust under the stock, unlike the M44 I've been 'borrowing'
Need to clean the cosmoline off and start shooting the heck out of it.

I also got the chance to fill out my first computerized 4473 form. Yay me.

* I lost to my 5 year old and my wife, not gonna live that down. Of course, you can imagine my preferred usage for bowling pins. But I won more tickets.

No comments: