Thursday, August 23, 2012

Our fine justice system on the case

Wow, you get 25 years in Iowa for burglary, but only 5 years for involuntary manslaughter if you whine to your judge in a bench trial that you didn't think the gun was loaded. Oh, and get out 8 years after the fact. And tell the parole board that:

"It was an absolutely horrible decision," Lee told the Parole Board. "The worst decision I've ever made in my life."


Well, that is nice- admits he decided to pull the trigger. Doesn't matter if he thinks the gun is loaded or not. That is a childish excuse. Tells you what works and doesn't work in our legal system. I could go to prison for not having health insurance (if you believe the bull in that bill about the IRS not actually being able to do just that, you really don't know how our system works) but murder gets you 5 years by saying "I pointed a deadly weapon at the guy, pulled the trigger, but it's not my fault it was loaded."

I'd say release the guy to a halfway house next door to the judge. Too late, judge passed away a few years ago.

No comments: