Monday, October 8, 2012

PSA upper still works

Put another 200 through it Sunday. 50 new and 150 reloads. I've had three problems the whole time. One fail to feed on a 100 grain Speer hollow point. Those buggers have a very odd shape, and I was loading them right at 2.295-2.30" inches. One mag would not feed them properly. Shortening the them to 2.285 solved that problem.  One fail to lockup, the primer was not seated correctly. My SSA brass has crimped primer pockets, I am working on getting them reamed out to seat correctly. Usually, I work around those cases, but was running low on prepped brass. And one failure to eject. At the end of a 30 shot string. My fault again- the brass catcher was full- it has nowhere to go.

It shoots fine when hot too. Of course, it was at 50 yards. I did make a loose cardboard target dance at 100 yards......

No comments: