Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Less habanero = slightly less hot

Fresh pot of chili. I think I have my fast and dirty chili down. Stock must be bought in the Rotel diced tomatoes and habanero mix.
1 lb pork + 1 lb beef browned  with applejuice and 3 tbl spoons chili powder (off brand, out of chili 9k)
Onion powder 1 tbl spoon (normally one big yellow onion)
No jalapeno - too lazy this time, normally 3 peppers cut up.
2 cans chili beans
1 can Rotel diced tomatoes with habanero
1 can Diced tomatoes with onion and pepper (left over)
2 tbl spoon chili powder in pot.
15 oz can tomato sauce - I just like that way, may not be needed.
My 3 hour crock pot sample is not hot enough to need a kleenex or make Pepsi TB taste like cinnamon. That was the last batch with 2 cans of Rotel plus 4 large jalapenos. I'm trying for something that has a kick even reheated at work.
Next time venison and pork.

No comments: