Monday, August 13, 2012

Mosin range pics

Went to the range today. Shot the M91/30 at 50 and 100 yards, with Prvi 182 grain and Winchester 180 grain loads. (Bayonet installed, thank you very much) Also shot the 6.8 after reinstalling the original free float tube and an iron sight front base. (No adjustments to scope at all) And the 11.5 got some run time- with 60 grain nosler at 100 yards and Tula at paper plates.

If you think I slow fired the Mosin, you must be kidding yourself.......I have stripper clips coming :)

And I got approval to use self healing rubber targets at 100 yards. Woo- hoo.




50 yard target, prvi 182 grain. 10 shots


6.8 at 100. 110 grain Nosler. No scope changes after being remounted. The rifle was sighted with 90 grain loads. The 110 grain stuff always shoots lower at the same setting. You won't believe me, but the top 5 were shot after jogging down to check the center of the target. Honest.



Winchester 180 grain at 100. Some sighted at center, some sighted at bottom center. 16 total.



10 more Prvi at 100. All sighted bottom center. 223 holes are from the 11.5 at 100 with Nosler 60 grain.

The range was packed today. When I got there, just one family was shooting. By the time I left, people were waiting for space to shoot. On a Monday morning 11:30 AM or so. I'm used to being the only one there. Danged perfect weather...

Should get me a rep as "that guy that rapid fires Mosins," though. For good or bad....

No comments: