Saturday, February 25, 2012

Home Baking part 2

Part one was here, then I got off track. Buying all these weird pistol things instead of rifles. Well, bought an Armalite LPK in town this week, plus the tube and assorted parts. Got bored tonight, put it together using the FAQ's at AR15.com. Took me between 45 minutes and an hour, mostly looking for tools to put the stupid 3/16" allen nut bolt for the carry handle in. And I need real punches, but took it slow and didn't break the ear on the trigger guard. Just need a wrench on the tube, stake it and it is ready to try.
The MOE stocked lower is the new one I built. Went with black just to say I had an Evil Black Rifle. And they were out of standard carbine stocks. Now, 2nd upper in 6.8, 300 AAC or 5.56? Hmm....

Edit: This is my first lower build. A little too much fun.

No comments: