Tuesday, February 14, 2012

No ID? No cupcake for you!

Looks like the Iowa Federation of College Republicans are doing a take off of the progressive bake sale idea next Tuesday. Free cupcakes for lawmakers, but with a catch- they have to show ID to receive the cupcake. I'm tempted to have fun with this, but how much trouble could I get in if I show up with, say, a utility bill with my name crossed out and, say, Mike Gronstal's name written in above mine in Crayon? For those unfamiliar with Iowa politics, Gronstal is the governor majority leader of the Iowa senate, and no bills see the light of day that he does not like, especially those that might get passed with support of the non-Koolaid drinking Democrats. I know they want a photo ID, but I want to press the point that the current system allows for abuse.

No comments: