Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday range time

Target pics from today



All 6.8, from sighting in the new scope. I should have been happy with the center group 2-3" high, silly me. I finally ended about 1" high (@100yards) with hotter loads.(not pictured) These were all 90 grain Speer TNT over 30.2 grains of H322.

Here is 15 out of the Mosin, (/) with some 6.8 in the lower left. The other holes were from the 11.5, doing mag dumps with iron sights and Tula steel 55 grain. With the lighter carrier, it runs on the 55 grain stuff, but not the 75 grain ammo. It runs sweet as hell on XM855....

Pictures of the beast. I think it will be changing soon. I want to try parts that I will use on the next build to proof them, and see how they hold up to, um, my daily wear/tear/storage. The scope is a Redfield Revolution 2-7x scope with the base crosshairs. Picked it up cheap as hell at Jax in Ames. For $129, I want another. But I want to abuse the wee out of this one before I even think about that. The glass is many times better than the Simmons Aetec antique that replaced it, even with the lower power. On 2x, it snaps up fast. Also, made in the USA. Seems to slot in between the Leupold Rifleman and VX-1 series in terms of features. As it should, being a Leupod brand now. Guessing at the price they are asking, it is from the scope's intro, they all seem to be around $180 now, with intermittent rebates lowing the cost.

No comments: