Friday, July 13, 2012

Think I found a new place to try

It's hard not to go to Hickory Park when in Ames (Yeah, it's cool to hate on Hickory in some places, but I still like it. Plus the standard BFYTW applies) But based on the logo alone, I want to try this place:


I Just like it. So sue me.

More Ames geekery, but when I went to school there, the local Panchero's was great- the 2lb steak burrito was awesome on a, um, drinking, night (ok, any night I had $$) but when they sold out (expanded/franchised) to this area, all they had was wussy ass rice filler and sucky beans, not the awesome steak, bean and block cheese monster of my State days. Might not be 'authentic', again, BFYTW applies.

1 comment:

JD said...

Ummmmmm Hickory Park....I missed out on that the other day. Wasn't quite lunch time last time I passed through there. If you ever decide to hit Ames for an IDPA match, let me know and we can hit the Park after.