Thursday, July 12, 2012

Paper punching

Fired off some 6.8 and the M44 today. Some of the M44 were reloads, the other were factory Prvi Partizan 182 grain factory loads. Out of 40 rounds fired, 34 are on target, and 4 just above the target. All fired 5 at a time, the PP's had to be held at 6 o'clock hold, my reloads are only about 2" high.



These 6.8 loads are shot through my new Troy Claymore. Shot 3 with ear pro off my left ear; no ringing, WHAT DID YOU SAY SONNY? So it might help for hunting. Seems to have moved the POI right.


The left group marked 120 was fired after the first 20 7.62x54r rounds were fired. The right group I took more time, but still had trouble holding it steady- 3 of the shots were ripped off. The loads didn't lock back on the last shot once, either. The center group was a mag test fired as quickly as I would like to beat on this gun and get on target.


Another guy showed up midway through the time I was shooting. Since the M44 had reduced my 6.8 time, I got bored and watched where his pistol rounds went. Most of the 22 LR stuff dropped to the ground around 80 yards and skipped up to the back stop, about 6' up. The centerfire stuff also hit the ground around 80 yards, and skipped up the back stop 3-4 times. Last puff of dirt around 8-12' high. I started noticing because I was hearing bang-zing quite a bit. At least I was seeing large puffs of dirt behind my 100 yard targets, if only because it means I kept my eyes open and rifle controlled enough to still see the target.

No comments: