Monday, July 2, 2012

Range time

Went to the range tonight. It was only 94 or so. Think I found a good load for the 6.8, 28.5 grains of H322, Hornaday 110 BTHP, 2.275 OAL with a CCI 450 primer. The reloads for the M44 kicked my ass- seemed like the last 5 really hammered the hell out of me- I made up 20 total, half with Winchester large rifle primers, 45 grains of Win748. The others had 44.6-8 grains of Win748 and CCI 250 magnum primers. The last five sat out the longest, had regular primers, and kicked like a mule.
50 yards- 10 shots, all on target- this m44 doesn't like me.


The batch marked 4 started to really hurt.
This 6.8 target cheers me up- I fired the 28.5 grain loads last, and was having a hell of a time holding the gun steady. I also bent my thumb backwards at work today- between that and the shoulder, it was starting to get to be serious work. It does seem to be make tighter groups at this speed than the other groups.

I need a chronograph....
Obligatory zombie target- I'm almost through these, then it will be zombie boars. Believe it or not, this was 150 or so Remington Thunderbolts from my 10-22. Only one misfired, and it went bang on the second trip. Somehow, the scope on that gun is shooting 3" right. I'll post the name of the trigger maker's kit I installed, but it has been 15 years or so, and I don't remember offhand. It did require fitting.

No comments: