Saturday, July 14, 2012

Productive Day (sort of)

Went to the dealer that always has a rack of Mosin Nagants. Three guesses- not open on Saturday was not one of mine- every time I have been there in the past was on a Saturday. So that was a wash. Headed to Rhine- lucked into an Armalite BCG for $20 off by my awesome haggling skills (okay, I am a repeat customer, that always helps) and a lighter buffer. Trying to help the 11.5 run on steel. And collect a BC for the 6.8 build. Now I have a spare name brand bolt to boot. Went to another gunstore/surplus store, found a scope $50 cheaper than Midway. I'll play with it and see how it does.

The store formerly known as Borders in Ames is now called BAM. Looks like the same store with a new name. Guessing they are built off of the festering corpse of Borders. Or maybe just this location. Texas Roadhouse just opened up there too. Very close to Hickory. Didn't stop by the Burrito place yet- didn't really feel like parallel parking my truck.

No comments: