Sunday, November 11, 2012

Time to clean after 1000 rounds

Broke down and cleaned the PSA 6.8 upper/rifle after last month's 1005 round fun fest. Yeah, it was a little dirty. Funny, the two 5.56's I cleaned had a similar number of rounds between cleanings. They were lubed with a 5w20/ATF mix. They weren't half as bad. The PSA was lubed with Froglube.






It did clean up with a brush and a little time. And I did lube it with a little CLP at the 605 round mark, that may account for some of the buildup.





3 comments:

Robert Fowler said...

If you are using frog lube, don't use any petroleum products on top of it. They don't mix well.

JD Rush said...

Yeah, I even read the directions saying that. Everything wiped down/brushed down fine. I was being lazy/curious as to what would happen if I just CLPed it and went back shooting.

Robert Fowler said...

I love the stuff. Be sure to run a patch of it through your bore too. It sure makes cleanup easy.