Friday, September 7, 2012

Amateur gun refinishing

Yeah, I got a bug in my butt the other day. I never quite liked the OD green of the Magpul stuff vs the OD green of the Armalite stock. All the pictures of the spray painted rifles gave me a solution to my problem. So, first, the before:

The aftermath:



With FDE, Black, and OD PMags for comparison. Paint still isn't dry. And I think the pistol grip needs a little brown added to it on the right side. Didn't do the carry handle, at least not yet.

Now, the handguard was kinda fun. Can't just paint a rifle, you have to make it your own:

Yes, I totally went there. Hacked some flame shapes into a plastic sheet (all 6 are different) and spritzed some dayglo orange in there. Then shot some khaki/brown over that to dull it down. The camera flash really makes it pop. I know, the flames should be on the top vents. How in the hell are you supposed to see them from the sides if you do it that way? ;)
And, just because:

No comments: