Monday, September 10, 2012

Weak ammo

Shot a few through the M&P 9 yesterday. From the Winchester white box 115 grain crap sold at Wallyworld. The gun locked back maybe two times on empty mags. The empties barely fell out of the gun, most landed at my feet. Dropped in some Ranger ammo, worked perfectly. Even the brass itself looked like ass, head stamps were terrible. Might save the rest of the box for failure drills- load a couple in the bottom of each mag, then good stuff on top. Good practice and a reason to not marry yourself to using the slide lock on reloads.

I forgot how much fun .357 Sig is to shoot. Now, that stuff always flew and cycled like it should.

Oh, I forgot to thank Ace for letting me keep his .40 brass. I'll have to make him some reloads some day, as I still have his tumbler......

No comments: