Thursday, September 6, 2012

Squirrel!

While we were visiting Council Bluffs and the Omaha Zoo, we drove around a bit. I was actually looking for the Union Pacific Museum when I saw this sign:

Of course I had to see what it was. Turns out, it is related to the Railswest Museum. (I have a feeling the people behind the counters of both were related as well, not a bad thing) We did not take the tour. My kid was very tired, and I didn't think we needed to lose him in an antique jail. Anyway, for the tl;dr crowd, the jail is three stories, and the cells rotate on a central axis, with one set of doors per floor. Pretty cool.

I did buy some squirrel related swag.
Guess the city mascot is the black squirrel. The unofficial mascot is the red light cam, watch out.

Also snapped a pic of a squirrel at the Omaha Zoo:


Little bugger was fast.

No comments: