Thursday, September 13, 2012

Rights all too willing to be thrown under the bus

Remember who spoke out the loudest to throw our rights under the bus, as it comes out that the fake Egypt "anger" was planned as a diversion, to distract from the very real attack in Libya. Funny, a large portion of those wanting to cut our rights to speech and enforce Sharia in this country are using the same arguments made FOR gun control. Yeah, I get to go there- not the most inflammatory thing I've ever said here. The ever popular  '"We need [x] regulated because someone might be offended by [x]" is the argument for gun control, with x=guns instead of x=speech.

So, as more "spontaneous" demonstrations appear, will other very real attacks happen? I'd be surprised if the didn't. I'd guess a European one, just because that would appear all the more 'shocking' to the anti-rights people.

added: Guess I need to read the news before writing a post; the consulate in was Berlin evacuated.

Aw, here's another it's all Romney's fault column. TL,DR=Because Romney is for free speech, he is against it. It's really pissing me off that I have to agree with Romney here, folks. Or maybe I am knee jerking against a dipshit at Slate who doesn't get how hard the Muslims have played his ass.

Oh, and the Prof from U Penn that loves her some fascism is still on the case, now in USA Today. TL;DR= Because someone died this time, arrest them for making the movie. Again, PLAYED. And she is a religious studies professor? Guess she really doesn't get how Islam works in practice, vs the real world.



If there is anyone who values free speech, it is a tenured professor!
So why did I tweet that Bacile should be in jail? The "free speech" in Bacile's film is not about expressing a personal opinion about Islam. It denigrates the religion by depicting the faith's founder in several ludicrous and historically inaccurate scenes to incite and inflame viewers.


Ma'am, I see crap on TV every damn day that denigrates my beliefs. Nobody gets arrested for it. Because they shouldn't be held to my standards, however low or high those may be. Go protest the damn movie all you want. Stop trying to make the government your enforcer.

No comments: