Monday, September 10, 2012

That was strange

I came back from the range with 2 more Fiocchi .223 cases than I shot. Haven't quite figured that one out. All the cases are prepped, loaded with either Remington or Hornaday 55 grain FMJ. 25 grains of Win748 and CCI450 primers, just like I have been using before.

The Fiocchi cases didn't require a lot of force in resizing. Flash holes are mostly off center. Primers didn't seem to be crimped very hard, or at all. New primers slid in firmly, but smoothly. Unlike the '10' marked Lake City brass that seems to be impossible to remove the crimp on without a power tool. Even then I feel like I am destroying the stuff. And I found some PSD brass that I just threw out. That stuff is not worth my time to fight. I need to stock up on the Remington brass. It seems easy to reload without the pain the ass work the other brands require. Planning to get some dedicated brass for hunting rounds, and leave the plinking stuff for practice.

"Did that dumbass say he might hunt with an 11.5" gun?"

Maybe. Why not? Nosler 60 grain are good down to 1600 FPS. It seems accurate. Lighter bullets might be good for squirrel. Though I'm afraid all I will find are bits and pieces. Coyotes. I'm also thinking longer barreled upper for prairie dogs and the like in the future.

No comments: